The United States Christian Golf Association is an inter-denominational golf ministry that promotes fellowship among Christian golfers, provides relationship building opportunities to encourage and strengthen the believer, and provides an enviroment for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with unbelieving… Read More
Relationships are everything! Opportunities to make new Christian friends. Great venue to introduce your unchurched or non-believing friends to Christianity. Devotional or testimony at each round.The uniqueness of the USCGA is not so much what happens between the tee and… Read More
We have implemented our Player of Year Division Flights this Year. 12 Flight Champions will be crowned at the conclusion of the 2014 Tour. Six Open and Six Masters. Minimum 6 events played to be eligible, however the best 7 count. Please review POY Flight competitions in your 2014 Tour Player Handbook.
To view POY Flight Standings:
- From top menu tabs, select Player Statistics
- A drop down menu appears, select Player of the Year, the first selection
- Website page will display the 12 POY Flights standings (O1-O6) (M1-M6)
For POY Division Standings: This awards the overall Open and Masters Division Champions and also determines qualifiers for the USCGA Cup. The top 24 points earners in both the Open and Masters Division qualify to play in the USCGA Cup. Minimum 6 events played to be eligible, however the best 7 count.
2014 Tour Membership Renewal
• 2014 Tour Membership Registration opens 1/15/14. Early membership cost is $60 through January 31st. Price goes to $75 beginning February 1st.
• For 2013 members that won a 2014 Membership by virtue of acquiring five or more 2013 Tour Championship Sponsors, your 2014 membership will be automatically renewed.
• All members who wish to renew their USGA Ghin Handicap service the 2014 cost is $25 the same as 2013. You can renew your Ghin handicap during membership registration. All Ghin membership renewals must be done before February 25th. You may also renew your Ghin by going here and following renewal instructions.
*** The United States Christian Golf Association (USCGA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
The following sponsorship opportunities are available:
Ace Sponsor $1,000
Includes: Two players in the Tour Championship, one banner to be displayed at the clubhouse the
day of the Championship Tournament, one hole sponsorship at the Championship Tournament,
your logo (max size 160 x 100 pixels) will be featured on each page of the USCGA web site for 12
months and your logo will appear in each issue of the USCGA newsletter for 12 months.
All proceeds go to support the USCGA and Mid-South Love Home; our 2014 Beneficiary Ministry
So what is Mid-South Love Home?
You may donate directly to support the efforts of Mid-South Love Home HERE.
Tournament Flights: Our goal is to make each tournament a more exciting and competitive experience for all Tour players. In order to present a competitive field in terms of competition, a tournament flight should consist of at least six players. Index ranges per flight and number of flights may vary per tournament based on player participation. On past occasions, this sometimes resulted in having only 3-4 players in a flight. By having six or more players per flight, will also result in a larger prize pool and guaranteed prize distribution (2 payouts in non-majors and 3 payouts in majors). The following 2014 additions will help ensure 6 players / flight.
- New members will no longer be required to play a minimum 3 USCGA tournaments before being flighted New members will be flighted in their first USCGA tournament. New members with a current verifiable USGA Index flighted accordingly. New members without a USGA Index flighted based on their average 18 holes score. If a new member scores four or more strokes below Target score, he/she will be instantly moved to the appropriate higher flight. See page 11, New Member Flight Placement and Flight Movement.
- To help recruit new members and to increase tournament flight participation: First time guests may be included in the tournament flights for prizes. Guests will be required to produce a current verifiable handicap index or average 18 holes score at time of registration. If guests scores four or more strokes below his/her USGA Index Target score, he/she will be moved into the appropriate higher flight. Guest players do not accumulate POYP and are not entered in POY Standings. A guest may decide to join the Tour and receive points toward POY standings for the tournament played. He/she must decide to do so immediately after the tournament by informing a USCGA official and paying membership fees.
- In addition flights may be combined (Open with Masters) in order to meet the minimum 6 players / flight.
We’re only ONE Month away from the start of the 2014 Tour!
Click on the image at left to display the 2014 Tour Player Handbook in your web browser. Additionally, you may right-click on the image and select "save as" to download a copy to your computer. Please take the time the next four weeks to thoroughly read and familiarize yourself with our policies and procedures. I suggest printing off a hard copy to keep in your golf bag during the season. Even better if you do have a smartphone, you can save the PDF to your phone for instant access. Most smartphones have Adobe PDF reader App installed. If not you can download the App from ITunes or your smartphone App provider.