Relationships are everything! Opportunities to make new Christian friends. Great venue to introduce your unchurched or non-believing friends to Christianity. Devotional or testimony at each round.The uniqueness of the USCGA is not so much what happens between the tee and… Read More
Each year the USCGA chooses a worthy local charity or ministry and makes a donation from sponsorship revenues, yearlong donations and from our Tour Championship. This year's choice is Love Works.
So what is Love Works?
Love Works is a ministry designed to care for the many impoverished and homeless people in the Memphis area. Love Works is doing many amazing things for those in need such as:
- Providing a place that would serve as a transitional "home" rather than just a shelter.
- Using educational backgrounds to provide assistance in getting GED's, preparing for the ACT, applying for college, or simply strengthening reading comprehension skills.
- Developing skills necessary to obtain employment.
- Meeting not only the physical needs like food, clothing, and shelter, but also (and most importantly) the spiritual needs of our community.
- Being the hands and feet of Jesus - extending the same grace, mercy, and love that we have been blessed to receive... with the hope that the men and women we come in contact with will be drawn into a relationship with our savior, Jesus Christ.
Matthew 25:40 reminds us that in loving those who are surviving in the depths of poverty, we are displaying our love for Christ. The King will reply, “Truly I tell you whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”
The USCGA will be accepting donations all season long and present a check to Love Works at the championship round so they can continue this very important ministry. You can donate directly from the USCGA home page or from the championship Tournament Information Page (TIP).
Learn more at the Love Works website.
We’re only ONE Month away from the start of the 2013 Tour!
Click on the image at left to display the 2013 Tour Player Handbook in your web browser. Additionally, you may right-click on the image and select "save as" to download a copy to your computer. Please take the time the next four weeks to thoroughly read and familiarize yourself with our policies and procedures. I suggest printing off a hard copy to keep in your golf bag during the season. Even better if you do have a smartphone, you can save the PDF to your phone for instant access. Most smartphones have Adobe PDF reader App installed. If not you can download the App from ITunes or your smartphone App provider.
Greetings Christian Golfers!
We’re less than two months away from the 2013 Tour Season Opener. It’s time to start getting your game in shape for the upcoming season. We have some exciting new additions and changes that are certain to make this the best season ever! Let me preview some of the 2013 Tour Highlights!
- Season Opener at Cherokee Valley March 23rd
The season opener will be your first of 14 opportunities to play at least three rounds to qualify for the 2013 Tour Championship at the end of the season. We’ll be previewing our 2013 Tour in detail at our season opener pre-round meeting. Some nice door prizes will be awarded before we break for lunch. The shotgun start is at one p.m. The Season Opener is an ideal opportunity to come and see what the USCGA is all about.
A few highlights:
• We've dropped the competitions eligibility from five to three tournaments. Pick and choose the tournaments you wish to play. But there is an advantage playing in more tournaments.Tour players must only compete in a minimum of three tournaments to be eligible for all competitions; howerver up to seven tournaments will count. A Tour's player's best seven accrued total points will be used to determine the top POY points-earners and Cup eligibility.
• No 36 hole tournaments. Friday and Saturday events are two separate tournaments.
• Four Majors (150% POY Point Value)
o May 18 - The Ridges (West and North Courses)
o June 15 - RTJ Fighting Joe
o July 13 - Ole Miss
o August 24 - The Dogwoods