The United States Christian Golf Association is an inter-denominational golf ministry that promotes fellowship among Christian golfers, provides relationship building opportunities to encourage and strengthen the believer, and provides an enviroment for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with unbelieving… Read More
Relationships are everything! Opportunities to make new Christian friends. Great venue to introduce your unchurched or non-believing friends to Christianity. Devotional or testimony at each round.The uniqueness of the USCGA is not so much what happens between the tee and… Read More
2015 Tour Membership Registration and Renewal
• 2015 Tour Membership Registration opens 1/19/15. Early membership cost is $65 through January 31st. Price goes to $80 beginning February 1st.
• For 2014 members that won a 2015 Membership by virtue of acquiring five or more 2014 Tour Championship Sponsors, your 2015 membership will be automatically renewed.
• All members who wish to renew their USGA Ghin Handicap service the 2015 cost is $25 the same as 2014. You can renew your Ghin handicap during membership registration. You may also renew your Ghin by going Here and following renewal instructions. Ghin renewals must be done before 2/25.
• Tournament registrations opens 2/15. The 2015 Tour schedule is posted Here.
2015 Tour Revisions
• Competitions Eligibility: Requirement to play in POY and Cup competitions has been dropped to a no minimum as compared to a minimum six tournaments in 2014. A Tour player’s best seven accrued total points will be used to determine the top POY points-earners and Cup Eligibility. POY Flight competitions will be based on player’s finish in their respective flight. Both divisions flighted based on player’s USCGA Custom Index. A Tour Players Regular Season best seven accrued total points plus Tour Championship points determine POY Flight Champions. The players with highest POY points per division flights will be crowned POY Flight Champions. Also the overall Open and Masters Champions will be crowned.
• POY Point Distribution will be the same for all tournaments. No double pts on Majors or 1.5 pts on road trips. This way there is no disadvantage to those players that cannot play in the Majors or Road Trips. Keeps competitive for all. The Tour Championship points distribution however will be doubled.
• POY Flight Guidelines: Each tournament field will vary in size. In order to present a competitive field in terms of competition a POY flight must consist a minimum of four players. To achieve this goal Open and Masters flights will be combined to meet the minimum flight requirement. For example: M5 has three players and O5 one player. Neither flight meets the minimum four requirement so both flights will be combined for four players. If the O5 player finishes third, his third place points will count and accrue toward his O5 flight. The points the M5 players earn go to their M5 flight. Also by combining the flights when the flight numbers are low, this will eliminate as in this example a player being awarded the maximum number of points by virtue of being the only player in a flight.
• Tournament Flight Guidelines: In order to present a competitive field in terms of competition and prize distribution, a Tournament Flight must consist of at least six players. To achieve this goal flights may be combined (Open and Masters). Note: This is not the same as POY flights. POY flights are season long competition awards based on set index ranges. For Tournament Flights the index ranges per flight and number of flights may vary per tournament based on player participation.
• USCGA Cup Qualification: Due to the manageability difficulties we’ve had the past two years filling two teams, we are going back to our original Cup qualifications. The top 28 Overall POY points-earners concluding the Regular season qualify to play in the USCGA Cup. Overall POY is combined divisions (Open & Masters). Any qualifiers than cannot play will be replaced with next in line top POY points-earners or Captains picks.
• Tour Championship: We are going to a Fund Raiser format vs. Acquiring Sponsors as years past. The benefits to changing to this format will be discussed at the Season Opener. This year’s Tour Championship will be held at the newly renovated Chickasaw GC.
• Tournament Games Participation Options: Option to choose to play in the Tournament Flights ($10) or new Charity Fund Raiser Skins Games ($5). Choose to play either ($10 Flights only, $5 Skins only) or both ($15). Choose options during tournament registration. Pay for the games at the course. Flight and Skins payouts based on participation. Skins game is overall players. Flight and Skins winners will be awarded gift card payouts at next event. Players that do not participate in tournament flights are included in the POY competitions. Instead of the prize pool being included in the registration fees you have the option to participate.
2015 Membership Drive
Our 2015 Tour Membership Goal is 125 members. You can help us reach our goal by recruiting members. The 2015 green schedule cards will be available soon to help you in your recruiting efforts.
Final Winter Event - Germantown CC - 2/21/15
Our last 2014/15 winter event is scheduled at Germantown CC on 2/21. Tee times beginning at 10:48. There are only 40 spots available for play. Please text or email Carlton to get on the list. Cost to play is $49. Pay USCGA at the course.
The branded Iphone and Android app is ready for members and fans to download and begin using immediately!
The iPhone App is available by searching for United States Christian Golf Association or USCGA directly from the iPhone in the App Store or from iTunes on a PC. The Android App is available by searching for United States Christian Golf Association or USCGA directly from a smart phone in the Android Market.